TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
These are the terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) that govern your attendance at the Verano™ sponsored “High Note” live concert event, presented by Encore™ Edibles, taking place on May 18, 2022 at 7:00pm CDT at Rain Studio, 325 North Hoyne Ave, Chicago, IL 60612 (the “Event”).
By registering for the Event by electronic invite and attending the Event, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions, which form a legal contract between Verano Holdings Corp. (“Verano”, “we”, “us”, “our”) and the invited attendee (“you”, “your”). This Agreement is a binding contract between you and us, so please read it carefully.
If you are attending the Event with a guest, it is your responsibility to ensure that the guest person attending is aware of these terms and conditions and accepts them, and by registering for the Event, you are warranting that you have made the guest attendee aware of these terms and conditions and that the guest attendee has accepted these terms and conditions.
1. EVENT ADMISSION AND ATTENDANCE
- Admittance. Your registration entitles you only to admittance to the Event. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance (including without limitation any travel and/or accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you and we shall have not liability for such costs.
- Termination. We are committed to providing a peaceful and harassment-free Event and we expect all attendees to behave appropriately and to treat everyone else at the Event with dignity and respect. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to remove you from the Event if we, in our sole discretion, consider your presence and/or behavior to create a safety risk or disrupt or hinder the Event and/or the enjoyment of the Event by other attendees.
- Media. The Event is being photographed and recorded. By attending the Event, you give your express consent to be photographed or recorded and that your likeness or voice may appear or be heard in Verano’s marketing and promotional materials, all rights in which will be owned by us. If you do not want to be photographed or recorded and appear or be heard in Verano’s marketing and promotional materials, please advise an Event staff person and we will not do so. Unless we are so notified, we reserve the right to use photographs and recordings of any Event attendee in our marketing and promotional materials on any medium, including but not limited to social media platforms.
- Photography and Recording of Audio and Video. Photographs, audio and video recordings taken and recorded by you may be used for social media and blogging and is encouraged.
- Event Agenda. You acknowledge and agree that we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, venue, date and time. You acknowledge that start and finish times stated in relation to the Event and length of performance are at our discretion and may be subject to change. We may alter or vary the program of the Event due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control and in our sole discretion. Should the venue, date or time of the Event be modified, we will inform you of any such change.
- COVID-19. You acknowledge and agree that attending the Event comes with inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 or any other communicable illness, whether occurring before, during or after the Event, and that by attending the Event, you voluntarily assume such risks.
- Payment. The payment of the applicable fee(s), if any, for the Event is due upon registration. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, we may refuse to admit you to the Event and shall have no liability in that regard. *THERE IS NO FEE OR PAYMENT REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS EVENT.
- Taxes. The fee(s), if any, may be subject sales tax, value added tax, or any other taxes and duties which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fee(s).
3. SUBSTITUTION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- If there is a fee required to purchase a ticket and attend the Event, all ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Tickets and registration for the Event are non-transferable, whether or not there is a fee required.
- Should the Event be cancelled, we will inform you of such cancellation as soon as we are able and you will be entitled to a refund of any purchase price paid for tickets.
4. ALCOHOL AND CANNABIS CONSUMPTION
- Alcohol may be served at the Event. The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited for anyone under the age of 21. You must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Upon request, you must provide proof of your age before you may be served alcohol.
- Cannabis may be consumed at the Event if you are of legal age to consume and legally in possession of cannabis.
- If you choose to consume alcohol or cannabis at the Event, you agree to do so responsibly and assume any and all risk and liability associated with your consumption of alcohol and/or cannabis. You agree we are not in any way responsible and cannot be held liable for anything that occurs outside of the Event as a result of your consumption of alcohol and/or cannabis.
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of our event attendees and customers. Your registration information is kept private and is used solely for the purposes of communicating with you about the Event.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by us or grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of Verano, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of Verano.
7. RELEASE OF CLAIMS
- To the extent permissible by applicable law, you (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) release Verano and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event.
8. WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- We make no warranties in respect to any aspect of the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaim all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness and merchantability. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event and/or any information provided at the Event.
- Other than to the extent required as a matter of law, we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement. Verano’s aggregate liability for all other damages in connection with the Event shall not exceed $500 USD.
9. GENERAL LEGAL PROVISIONS
- If any terms of this Agreement cannot be enforced, the remainder of the terms will still apply.
- If you do not comply with this Agreement and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean we have given up any right we have and we may still take action in the future.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to conflict of law principles, and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Illinois.